Wednesday, May 25, 2005

On my cooking radar

I think Iam chef at heart (haha , thats a thought).Sometimes ,just sometimes I get tired of cooking the usual drab fare so I need to shuffle the recipes and get some new ones to play around with .Heres a few I am going to try in the near future ...You are invited :-)


Brown bean salad Posted by Hello

Made with dried brown beans ,hard boiled eggs ,cumin,scallion,lemon juice ,olive oil and cucumber ,parsley ,sprinkled with salt and pepper and garnished with fresh thyme sprigs this salad is pleasing to the eyes,light and very healthy.


spicy baked potato Posted by Hello

Simple baked potatoes take on an exciting new character with the addition of a few herbs and spices(ginger root,cumin,cilantro,turmeric,garlic salt).


Ratatouille Posted by Hello

A classic vegetable stew ,this is packed full of fresh vegetables and herbs and absolutely bursting with wonderful flavor.


mediterranean chicken Posted by Hello

A visual treat made with boneless chicken to which sundried tomatoes , oregano leaves ,butter ,olives, artichoke hearts,potatoes are added. can be baked or broiled. YUM-O


Vegetable Moussaka Posted by Hello

A flavorful maincourse dish this is abundant with veggies (egg plant , mushrooms, chickpeas,onions,lentils ) and spices , makes for a hearty satisfying meal and can be served with warm fresh bread.


Pasta Primavera Posted by Hello

No better way of showcasing the best of the season's young vegetables (asparagus spears, baby corn ,baby carrots, red bell peppers , scallions )in this delightful pasta (torchietti or other pasta cuts)dish .


Cholcolate Cake  Posted by Hello

What can be said about this decadent yet delicious dessert ? there are umpteen varities of the same .I plan to make the chocolate layer cake with chocolate frosting topped with whipped cream and a sprig of mint .

Enjoy !!

15 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

hmmm...so im invited. Alas...if only i could be two places at the same time!

Yummy pics! :-)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey yeah , u are ..anytime ..

which pics did you like ..i picked them off my recipe books

4:52 PM  
Blogger aparna said...

I liked Pasta Primavera. Mediterranean Chicken, Brown Bean Salad...i like salads a lot, i like my greens esp beans and spinach :P

And i prefer fish to meat..although i like meat as well...a lot. And i can eat almost everything as long as its cooked, guess have been living with the chinese for far too long ;D

The only thing i havent warmed up to is sashimi, although i like it when the salmon is sliced very very thin, the rawness doesnt make a difference then. But i love sushi...

too much info here :D

5:15 PM  
Blogger greatbong said...

Great stuff.....however the tragedy of my life has been "See but don't touch".." Touch but don't taste"......likewise the only thing I can do here is SEE.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's that I haven't had any of those!! :(

12:09 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

hey there! cant see anyones blog from home! Have no idea what the problem is :-( am hopping mad! writing this from the cafe...chat with you soon! >:D<

aparna banerjee

5:20 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

Hi Gangadhar

thanks:-)

these are not my original recipes but yes i would like to cook them soon and see how they turn out

6:25 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey great bong ,

good philopsophy ..we should meet up sometime..I'll cook and you could see, touch and taste

6:26 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey pidus,

you havent eaten them so far because I havent cooked them so far..you shall soon be the guinea pig for my experiments ..you game ??

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I was making sure I don't miss out.

I also volunteer an iron chef marathon of my own - theme ingredient: crepes.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

lol .crepes ..how will we do a contest if you go back to purdue :(

9:11 PM  
Blogger crabhunt said...

Show these photographs to a bachelor student living saat-samunder paar, bogged down with work and code and research-papers, his soul will leave his body screaming : "what the hell have you been eating all these days" :-)) Do you have the recipe of these wonderful things written down somewhere so that my life could be a little more tasty ?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey crabhunt,

thanks for dropping by ..yes i have recipes and I will cook them ..why else would I put them up here :) hang in there

4:12 PM  
Blogger Art said...

yummy.....

6:08 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey art ,

thanks for visiting ,yes I agree ..all of the above are yummy :-)

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home