Monday, December 19, 2005

Rainier, Rainier

I love Mount rainier .At 14,410ft its a humungous natural "fixture" in Washington and what a lovely fixture it is .Covered in pristine white snow it can be daunting,calm,dangerous and breath takingly beautiful, all at the same time .

I see it from my bedroom window and from my living room every day.Now that's what one would call a view .

Here 's the mountain in its different avatars.


Rainier reflected in Tipsoo Lake


The mountain overseeing Tacoma


Rainier as seen from University of Washington


Rainier as seen from one of the trails


Sunset at Rainier

12 Comments:

Blogger aparna said...

awesome pics! :-)

11:16 PM  
Blogger Adi Oso-Groot Finch said...

woooooooff. took my breath away

11:33 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

thanks Aparna ,

i agree, I espeacilly love the first 3 pics

11:36 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

Raven ,

hello and welcome to my blog...yes rainier , takes my breath away too:) its lovely

11:38 PM  
Blogger Adi Oso-Groot Finch said...

dunno how i reached here but have been here for quite some time now. dont comment generally though.

cheers

11:40 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

raven , I see ..whys that...

not good enough to comment?:)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel good about where I am right now :)
Very nice!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey gangadhar

thanks

2:59 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

yeah you should feel good , this place is beautiful ..very picture postcard like ... we take it for granted , in my humble opinion...

I love Mt rainier ...

3:00 AM  
Blogger Vikas said...

Wow these are some really nice pictures!! double wow for the first shot!

Bumped into this post trying to find where I should reply your comment, seeing you reply in the same comment window I will go back to my blogspace and reply there :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger JVOX said...

lovely view in your place

10:44 AM  
Blogger Bhaskar said...

The Mt Rainier reflection is an awesome photograph. Did you take the photo yourself. What do you use as equipment for the digital photos.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home