Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Of ties and bonds




"I think people that have a brother or sister don't realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there's always somebody there, somebody that's family."

Yes people with siblings are lucky ..Iam very lucky.I have two.In our country we have special festivals like bhai dooj and rakhi to mark our day.For years I have celebrated it like yet another festival not reading much into it and sometimes even underestimating its importance.Its only the years apart that make me miss it.For many years now,we have been celebrating rakhi in absentia.But this year was different.It was special

..Why you ask ??? Well, because me and my brother were together after a gazillion yrs and we decided to prepone the festival and celebrate it on our own time ..So we celebrated it not on the 19th but on the 2nd of this month .

Found this poem very fitting :-)

As kids, we lived together, We fought, we laughed, we cried.
We did not always show the love, that we both had inside.

We shared our dreams and plans, and some secrets too.
All the memories we share, Is what bonds me now to you.

We grew to find we have a love, that is very strong today.
It’s a love shared by our family, that will never fade away.

You are my brother not by choice, but by the nature of our birth.
I could not have chosen a better one, you are the best on earth.

This post I dedicate to you ,my brother ...happy RB..much love


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely stuff mm .. i look like a devil in the , but thats alright :) .. it was great and emotional to finally be with you guys this time for rakhi .. i only realized how imp this festival was for me when i didnt have my sister with me suddely after 22 years .. 4 years without you on rakhi (and even more without didi) makes me sad .. hope we can meet more frequently in the future ..
love,
bmm

9:57 AM  
Blogger Parth said...

I disagree. I am a single child and never found that a reason to complain. But of course, my cousins have been very close to me.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

Hey Parth

I didnt say people who are the only kids are'nt lucky .Whos talking of complaining here ? See ,you just said your cousins are very close to you ....like real brothers and sisters ...well, there you go :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey bmm

absolutely dude

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been 10 years for me...
yes, it was lovely :)
nice pic and lovely pome

6:56 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey pm thanks for visiting ..yeah i liked the poem too:)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey gangadhar

thanks again :-) how u doing ?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

I always envied others having bro and sis ... I am a single kid... good for you.. happy birthday to your bro :)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey mohit ,

that was lovely and very touching ...I dont have the words .Thanks a ton for amking my day.

keep coming back and reading :-)
-Meenal

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home