Friday, December 23, 2005

Made


So what does it take to make your day ??

For me it varies...A smile ,a hug ,"an I love you" from people I love, passing all my MBA exams(yipee),understanding & empathy in trying times ,chatting with my best pal, an "I believe in you"or "You can do it "when Iam down and out, perhaps an genuine compliment and a word of appreciation for bone breaking efforts made for someone......All of these double my joy because they are as unexpected as snowfall in July .......

My day is also made with a testimonial when I expect it least , infact when I dont expect it all.

Yesterday I logged onto orkut(an online site where one mostly makes friends from one's area or anyplace around the world) after what seemed an eternity; to ponder on my pointless existence in the online world and wonder how things had changed from last yr when I was so active there.Now I hardly logged on .And staring me right in my face were the following words..

" Meenal - warm and friendly. Has an uncanny ability to connect easily with people. She's a person you wont mind trusting anything with.

Her blog is a must read. She has an amazing ability of writing with a proportion of clarity and emotion that evokes thought while touching you deeply. Sounds a little strange, but sometimes I have found words for my thoughts in her blogs!

And yes, has thrown the most awesome parties I have attended in last few years. Awesome cook :D You do not want to miss her invites! "

A smile appeared on my face , a slight uncertain twitch which soon became an ear to ear grin.

I who have lately started becoming skeptical of making friends in the online world ...This was just what I needed ..........I admit I have met some good people out there.While some are genuine ,a lot fo them are total pseudo intellectuals , brimming with self importance and a notion of superiority waging a war of the words .Mostly my diligence has been rewarded and sometimes its been an exercise in futility .

These words are from a friend who was also skeptical (he thought my attempting to make friends with him was to snag him into some pyramid scheme ) of online friends and I kept telling him that it was possible to meet good people..Today he's a convert and so are a few others of my friends.

Thanks M for restoring my waning faith .It freinds like you , Sudarshan , Sudip , Aparna who I met in cyber space who make me reach out and find good people out there.............. I know once again that its worth it .

THANKYOU for making my day :-)

15 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

i think blogs have allowed me to meet so many people, from such varied walks of life.. when i started blogging i never dreamed it would end up this way!

7:40 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

sweetheart, this was such a nice post! :-)

a big big hug to you and congratulations for bulldozing thru the exams!! :P

6:21 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Nothing can make you more happy, but a small compliment when its least expected, at the eend of a stressful and exhaustive day.

That testimonial was really nice one :)

You are one lucky lady.

Merry X-mas!!!
Enjoy :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

S,

welcome to my blog ..yes , one does not know what lies ahead :-)
Hopefully its been all good

8:10 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

thankyou Aparna ,

Wonder why you liked the post:P
yes iam happy now that all my exams are out of the way , yay, yay!!

Now that is my christmas present

8:11 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

thanks Gangadhar

i visit orkut once in a while .its not a very interesting place right now , unfortunately :(

8:12 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey Arz000n

thanks for visiting and welcome .

Iam learning to take the bouqets and the brickbats in my stride :-)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

suds,

my.my..my ..what did i do to deserve this ..lol

this is officially embarrassing.I have done nothing yaar.So comeon now

remember it takes 2 to tango.."one person alone cannot a great freindship make" .It takes 2 folks to be on the same or atleast somewhat similar frequencies ...

thanks ......now to you for making my day , yet again

-M

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah I have made some nice friends online.. its a good medium to keep in touch..

1:46 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey pallavi,

hope you are doing well ..well you win some and you lose some

its not a bed of roses but its not all that bad either

10:02 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

thanks sandy ..People have told me , iam warm and comforting

1:22 AM  
Blogger Inkblot said...

You are an amazing photographer! Can totally relate to your neice piece. Bet you like pink too now.

3:18 AM  
Blogger bilbo said...

hey ,
just read this post of urs and had to reach out.
first of all, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving ur comment. Sorry about the delay in replying. I did check out the wedding blog then and loved the pics and the witty captions
now, to this post. You 've practically said what Ive come to believe. It is possible to meet some good ppl online and be friends. I have some online buddies that I talk to almost every day. And they are almost my compass. when I started my weightloss program , they kept me on the straigt and narrow and keep checking on me even now :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger JVOX said...

few of the things that make my day is being able to access my email account (which i have probs doing today) and be able to click NEXT BLOG here in blogger site and find something that i can actually understand coz there are a lot of other languages that i i aint familiar ...i wish google will provide some ways to filter language preferences...i did found your blog thru NEXT BLOG and been here longest...reading ur interesting entries

11:02 AM  
Blogger JVOX said...

few of the things that make my day is being able to access my email account (which i have probs doing today) and be able to click NEXT BLOG here in blogger site and find something that i can actually understand coz there are a lot of other languages that i i aint familiar ...i wish google will provide some ways to filter language preferences...i did found your blog thru NEXT BLOG and been here longest...reading ur interesting entries

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home